Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Lord's Prayer - Finished 01/21/2012

I started this piece Nov 26, 2011; that's the day I felt like I was catching a cold but wound up with pneumonia so there have been several days during the last 2 months that I didn't stitch at all.  Of course I went through the phase toward the end where I'd put in a stitch and then remove 2 or more stitches. As usual, for me the only way to stop the trend is to put everything away and work on something else.  So I got my sewing machine out and pieced a quilt top for a queen bed (sorry no photos of that yet).  I'm thinking I probably have about 5 1/2 weeks of actually working on this one.

Here's a photo:

I can't wait to see this framed, but I don't know when that will be.  I'm hoping that my middle sister or one of my DSILs will want this one. From the time I started stitching until now, it's always been my plan to present it to one of them.

Now for the specifics:

Fabric:  32-count linen, oyster white
Floss:  DMC 930 and DMC 932
Stitched:  2 strands over 2 threads
Stitch Count:  240 x 392
Completed Size:  15" by 24 1/5"
Started:  November 26, 2011
Completed:  January 26, 2011



  1. Grats on the finish. I would love to see your piccy, but for some reason, blogger won't show it to me... That's a large piece, though, so extra congrats on the finish!!

  2. Wow how beautiful, congrats on the finish!!!